On the Sunday, August 12th edition of The Travel Guys:
In the Travel News, Mark has a story about two elderly German guys who went missing…only to turn up at a big heavy metal festival 25 miles away! Alaska Airlines is changing a number of their consumer/traveler friendly policies to bring them in line with their competition. Too bad.
In the Smarter Traveler segment, Mark talks about seatguru.com, an app that can help you find the best (and worst) seats on the plane.
As the wildfires which have plagued the region for the last several weeks are brought under control, those in the tourism business within the fire areas need our help. We have a couple of guests who will help us understand what comes next in the Lake County area. tallmanhotel.com
If you have an RV that needs a home from the fires, or anything else, we have an idea for you, Cava Robles. A brand new RV resort near Paso Robles on the Central California Coast.
- These Cities Have The Most Expensive Resort Fees
- They Bought a Ghost Town for $1.4 Million. Now They Want to Revive It.
- Cerro Gordo Mine Ghost Town
- This California ghost town is for sale
- Battle of Cerro Gordo
- The Rise and Fall of Cerro Gordo
- Cerro Gordo Mine on google maps
- Beat of Hawaii
Highlights from previous weeks
- 50 Quirky Airbnbs Across the Country
10 Ways to Survive a Long Haul Flight
Why is Bhutan $250/day to Visit?
- Link your Marriott and Starwood Accounts
- Protect Your Electronics when Traveling
- American Drops the Barbecue Sandwich From Buy On Board Due to “Negative Feedback”
- Funny Seth Meyers is a dad again story