Listen Now On the Saturday, February 17th edition of The Travel Guys… In the Travel News, US Travel Agencies set a January record for air sales; plus Uber drivers and flight attendants protest in selected cities across the country. Those and other stories in the news. Our Smarter Traveler segment focuses on how travel hackers are looking for your information online every day. We have a few common sense solutions anyone can use. Surge, peak,...
On the Saturday, February 24th edition of The Travel Guys…
- In the Travel News, United and American Airlines raise baggage fees, and American Queen Voyages (the river cruise line) is out of business.
- A new piece of technology in restaurants is a hand-held software system that allows the server to total your bill, then hand you the machine, in their presence, to decide on a gratuity amount. Is it just us, or is that “in your face” system designed to pressure the diner into a higher gratuity?
- Carry-on bags have been a pain for airlines ever since they started charging for baggage. If only they would enforce their own carry-on rules, the problem might be solved. We discuss carry-ons and how airlines on one hand are telling you to check your bags, when in many instances there is plenty of room for them in the overheads. What’s up?
- The mailbag addresses a variety of issues you wrote us about, everything from airline customer service, to state park entry/parking fees and parking charges at hotels.
- Tipping with the server standing right over the top of you
- California State Parks Parking and Use Fee info
- Wheelchair polices, airline by airline
- Uber from the airport – where it costs the most
- How to get a digital ID
- Tips for driving in winter weather
- Say hello to the ocean on Icon of the Seas new cabins
- Traveler’s United Mobility Friendly Travel Guide
- Reports from on board the 9 month cruise
- Consumer Advocate Chris Elliott
- Is it time to mask up while traveling again?
- Sacramento Airport Parking
- Double check for things you can and can’t bring through security at the airport
- Carry On Bag Size Requirements
- TSA Renewal
- Seating tips for major US Airlines
- Denied Boarding Rules/Giving up Your Seat
- How to win your consumer dispute using the Elliott Method