The Travel Guys head to the Big Apple for the New York Times Travel Show
For the second straight year, The Travel Guys will broadcast from one of the largest travel shows in the country this Sunday, February 27th. Join Tom (in Sacramento) and Mark (in New York) for some terrific interviews from around the world. Mark promises visits to Turkey, the Czech Republic, Costa Rica and more. We’ll even tell you how to get reliable cell phone service at a reasonable cost overseas and introduce you to a government program that can make it safer for you to travel to exotic destinations.
Mark will be rounding up all the guests he can get behind a microphone to share with you on an this radio “trip around the world.” Great fun! Plus the travel news; Michelle and Veronica with an update of next weekend’s premier cultural arts events around town and more, all on Sunday at 2pm on KFBK. (The Travel Guys also stream live at www.kfbk.com at 2pm PDT Sundays.)
We’d like to extend a special thanks to each and every guest who was able to join us on-air today. Thanks!
Guests and Websites from today’s episode
- Luis Jara from Costa Rica – www.visitcostarica.com
- Alex Filippov from One Sim Card – www.onesimcard.com
- Pavel Kosar from Czech Tourism – www.czechtourism.com
- Waynette Kwon from the Big Island of Hawaii – www.bigisland.org – www.hawaiiislandretreat.com
- Ebru Ejder, Director of Turkish Tourism – www.tourismturkey.org
- John Echard from the US Department of State, talking about the new Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) – travel.state.gov/step