Yosemite, Trains, and Roses in Portland
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS | More
This week on The Travel Guys, we highlight a nearby National Park, take you on a train ride or two and tell you about the second biggest floral parade in the country.
In the travel news, resort fees are spreading across the country. Mark has a strong opinion on resort fees. What do you think that might be?
The rains have come to Yosemite, and Road Reporter Ramona Goodge is on hand with an update on travel to the park in the springtime. Chris Hart is president of three local railroads, in Sacramento, Ft. Bragg/Willits and Oakdale. You can enjoy a variety of excursions for sightseeing and special meals.
The Portland Rose Parade is part of the Rose Festival held in Oregon every June. Carol Ross is our guest, sharing details on some of the festival’s special events.
Heath Buckmaster is in studio to tell you about a special event Sacramento’s public television station is holding and we give you a chance to win tickets at the end of the show.
- Yosemite National Park
- Skunk Train
- Sacramento RiverTrain
- Sierra DinnerTrain
- Sports Leisure – Springtime in Yosemite
- Sports Leisure – Portland Rose Parade
- KVIE Uncorked
- Sacramento airport to have nonstop flights to Boston for first time
- American moving terminals at Sacramento International Airport
- Southwest adds nonstop flights to Dallas
- Airplane Insider: Secrets I Learned Sitting Next to an Airline Pilot
- Delta Obfuscates Award Pricing
- Hotel Resort Fees: The Real Story
- Las Vegas Resort Fees