Get Educated About Car Rentals and the True Value of “Price Guarantees”
The January 31st edition of The Travel Guys is dedicated to our mission of making you a smarter traveler and our all-star consumer advocates are here to assist you.
Chris Elliott writes a column which appears in the travel section of the Sunday Sacramento Bee. He heads up the travel section for USA Today and writes a column for the Washington. He has a terrific consumer web site, elliott.org. Chris addresses “price guarantees” that aren’t what they seem to be; and we discuss “fakers,” people who feign disabilities in order to cut the line, board early, etc.
Ed Perkins has been a regular guest on the program since it began. He wrote the Consumer Reports Travel Newsletter for many years. We talk about some of the problems which can arise when you rent a car. Ed also has some ideas on how to save money on “CDWs” (collision damage waivers) when you rent. How much and which insurances do you need?
Finally, we put on our entertainment hats and talk about the Sierra Repertory Theater in Sonora and Columbia. Great theater at a reasonable price in historic settings.
- Southwest takes a passenger under its wing
- Could An 11-Minute Flight From New York to London Be Possible?
- Too close for comfort? Theme park in China offers wild animals ‘feeding tours’
- When it comes to these Super Bowl tickets, the odds are really against you
- Sierra Repertory Theatre – Professional Theatre in California’s Mother Lode