Travel Bargains with the Trip Testers, Cruise Ship Scams, and Lizzie the Musical
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS | More
This Sunday (February 12, 2017) on The Travel Guys…
* Trip Testers is the name of the newest Travel Channel series. Tom has an interview with hosts Jeff Miller and Jason Kessler, who explain the best travel bargains and over-the-top adventures on the program each week. Trip Testers airs at 11 & 11:30pm PST during February. Link to the show here: http://www.travelchannel.com/shows/trip-testers/photos/explore-vegas-memphis-and-more-with-trip-testers.
* Ed Perkins has been advising and protecting consumers for decades. Now semi-retired in Ashland, Oregon, Ed still writes on a variety of travel issues. This week, we ask him to opine on his latest missive, 6 Cruise Ship Scams You Should Never Fall For. We promise 8 minutes with Ed will make you a smarter cruise ship traveler.
* A new local theater is starting up, and as is our tradition on the show, we love to give the smaller local theaters a little PR from time to time. The Actor’s Playpen is the name of the new performing group, and their first show is Lizzie The Musical, a rock show retelling of a very famous murder.
* In the travel news, Delta emerges as the winner in the latest poll of Airline Frequent Flyer programs; and Southwest says “the new basic economy” fares are NOT coming to a Southwest plane near you.
- 6 Cruise Ship Scams You Should Never Fall For
- Philanthropist and owner of landmark Anaheim White House Restaurant mourns in wake of fire
- TSA Precheck
- What to Do If Your Phone Is Lost or Stolen While Traveling
- Pier 39 is 39
- New Study Crowns Delta’s Mileage Program the ‘Best.’ Really?
- These Are the Airports with the Best and Worst Wi-Fi
- Stop Manspreading on Planes
- Kauai and Maui – The Best of Hawaii
- Simply Solvang and Santa Barbara
Highlights from Previous Weeks
- Update from U.S. Travel on International Travel and the President’s Order
- Cell Phone Calls on Airplanes – Submit a Comment to the Department of Transportation
- REPORT: Is the Air on Cruise Ships Dangerous to Your Health?
- Lost your cellphone on the road? Here’s how to get it back — if you take steps now
- What to Do When You Lose Your Cell Phone on the Road
- The 2017 travel forecast: Reduced demand could result in vacation bargains