Discussion with Chris Elliott about the Disappearing Airfares
This Sunday, August 6th, on The Travel Guys…
Two weeks ago, we discussed “The Case of the Disappearing Airfares” with Gwen Duncan, our resident travel agent. Seems that travelers are going online and researching airfares, only to find when they return to book a couple hours later, the airfare has mysteriously gone up $10-40. Does the computer know you are looking at the same purchase and is it goosing you in the process? Sunday we are joined by Chris Elliott, ace consumer reporter and advocate and what he has to say may surprise you just a bit. Are airlines messing with us on pricing?
In the Travel News, Southwest Airlines has announced which of its flights have the best chance of viewing the solar eclipse, American Airlines is having a problem with the number of complaints about their poor service skyrocketing and Mark tells us the things flight attendants don’t want to see when you are getting on the plane. Finally, we ask our listeners, “Which is the better seat. window or aisle?” Prizes to the best answers…
- In another record month, American Airlines complaints double
- Amazing: Boeing “Drew” A 787 In The Sky Overnight
- Short video clip from the Neil Diamond concert
Highlights from previous weeks
- How Reno became more than my favorite road stop (July 31)
- An update on the reconstruction of a southern California landmark, The White House Restaurant
- Hwy 25 Painted Rock
- 7 Foods You Should Never Eat on a Plane
- 8 Travel Safety Tips You Probably Ignore (But Shouldn’t)
- 11 Most Impressive Waterfalls in the U.S.