Outdoor Fire Safety Tips and Remembering Anthony Bourdain
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS | More
On the Sunday, June 10th edition of The Travel Guys…
* In the Travel News, Southwest is selling fewer tickets since the engine incident; and the travel industry appears to be waking up to the dangers of plastic in our ocean, as NCL and a Galapagos Islands tour operator both announce initiatives to keep plastic out of our ocean. Plus soccer fans traveling to Russia for the World Cup are being warned about using their electronic toys.
* Deputy Chief Scott McLean of Cal Fire joins Tom to give outdoor enthusiasts a refresher course in fire safety, including campfires, the danger of parking your car in the brush and the importance of knowing your surroundings.
* Gwen Duncan reminds listeners of the importance of making sure your passport is valid for the length of your travels and more.
* Mark has some personal remembrances of Anthony Bourdain.
- (Updated) Is American Express On A Shutdown Spree? Reports are Coming In!
- Why Chase shutdowns have increased and how to avoid them
- Did You Know if Your EU Flight is Delayed 3+ Hours or Cancelled You’re Entitle to Compensation?
- Is Business Travel Killing You?
- Sorrow and Questions in a French Village After Anthony Bourdain’s Suicide
- ‘Tony Was a Symphony’: Friends and Fans Remember Anthony Bourdain
- Anthony Bourdain, Renegade Chef Who Reported From the World’s Tables, Is Dead at 61
- US Passport Application
Highlights from previous weeks
- U Time Cheese Academy
- 4 Ways to Get into the Airport Lounge
- The 12 Most-Hated Travel Fees and How to Avoid Them
- The 5 Most Common Travel Scams to Avoid When Booking a Trip
- The High Price Tag on United’s New Luxury Private Terminal at LAX
- Is Southwest EarlyBird Check-In Worth It?
- Beautiful Act of Kindess by United Flight Attendant
- Hands off my data! 15 default privacy settings you should change right now
- Travel Proud in June and Beyond