Traveling Advice from a TSA Federal Security Director
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS | More
On the Sunday, June 24th edition of The Travel Guys…
* In the Travel News, Alaska Airlines announces the first ever service from Sacramento to the Big Island of Hawaii, 3x a week, starting in time for the holidays.
* If you rent an Airbnb in El Dorado County, you will pay more. The popular service is now collecting bed taxes in the county (which includes Lake Tahoe), leveling the playing field for area hotels.
* A record number of Americans are traveling this 4th of July. Sid Hanna, the Federal Security Director for the Department of Homeland Security and TSA here in Sacramento joins us to talk about traveling with children, and/or with a special needs child or adult? Sid has some great information for you. If you might be traveling with a gun, Sid also has ideas to make you a smarter traveler and to make sure you can claim your gun at your destination. Finally, we get an update on the extra security lanes being added in Terminal A.
* The Gallo Center in Modesto is home to some of the valley’s best entertainment. The medium-sized house in the middle of downtown Modesto is a favorite of Sports Leisure Travelers and we’ll introduce you to their 2018-19 season, offering a wide variety of music, theater and comedy.
* One of our most interesting interviews ever was the time we spent with Nimble Will the Nomad. Will has walked Route 66 and many of the other historic highways in our country. That’s right, walked. He’s a real character and we are proud to have connected with this true American Traveler.
* A busy show wraps up with a trip to the Mendocino Abalone Festival. This year’s festival has a most interesting twist to it.
- TSA Number to call if you have a special needs traveler or need special assistance, you can call in advance to arrange help: 916-830-0222
- TSA What Food Can I Bring?
- TSA What Firearms Can I Bring?
- TSA Disabilities and Medical Conditions
- Nimblewill Nomad: Long Distance Hiker/Author
- Gallo Center for the Arts
- 2018 Abalone Cook Festival & Cook Off