Why You Might Fly on a Different Airline than the Airline You Purchased From
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS | More
On the Sunday, March 31st edition of The Travel Guys…
* In the Travel News, United Airlines cuts the miles needed for some short distance flights, Wow airlines calls it quits and the Simon and Garfunkel Story may be coming to Broadway.
* Airline Code Shares are one of life’s great mysteries. You buy a ticket on one airline, and you fly on another. How is a traveler to know when this is happening? Can you prevent it? Our travel expert, Gwen Duncan, of Cordially Yours Travel, joins us to explain what code shares are, and why they are an important thing to pay attention to.
* Steve LaRosa is in for Tom Romano today, and Steve brings his latest edition of What’s Goin’ On with him. Music, baseball and even a play with a local story are all on Steve’s list. See below for links to everything on Steve’s list.
* Recently, on Flyer Talk, one of the popular web sites for road warriors, a lengthy and vociferous conversation took place about tipping housekeepers in hotels. Mark talks about tipping on the road and shares his personal preferences.
- Just A Heads Up: This Airline Sometimes Serves Old, Unrefrigerated Food
- Experience a Murder Mystery on the Napa Valley Wine Train
- Former hotel housekeeper says the proper tip is $10 per person per day
- United Airlines Awards Now Start at 5,000 Miles
- Start right now to get Real ID to fly in the US in 2020
- Passenger Tries to Board Flight Naked to Be More “Aerodynamic”
- I have a Wow Air ticket — what happens now?
- Musician Graham Parker tickets
- Northern California Ukulele Festival
- River Cats Scrimmage with the San Jose Giants
- Corduroy – Pearl Jam Tribute Band w/ Alice in The Garden
- Blues Hall of Fame inductee Joe Louis Walker
- When We Were Colored (A World Premier Play)