Hotel Reservation Mishaps with Gwen Duncan
On the Sunday, July 21st edition of The Travel Guys:
* In the Travel News, a lawsuit with a former concessionaire has been settled, allowing the National Park Service to call the Ahwahnee Hotel by its actual name again. Confused? We have all the details. And by now, you’ve probably heard the story about the early closing of Daffodil Hill this spring, pointing out how social media is exasperating the “over-tourism” problem….
* To make you a Smarter Traveler, we have Travel Advisor Gwen Duncan on hand to talk about hotels. What to do if your reservation is lost, or more importantly, how to make sure it isn’t lost before arrival. And what if you don’t like your room? Gwen has some advice on that too, which also involves being pro-active before arrival.
* Most of us who travel use wi-fi in hotels, but we have a guest who says that’s really a bad idea. Robert McGarvey talks about why you want to avoid hotel wi-fi, and what some of the alternatives are.
* We dig into our mailbag and answer some of your travel questions. Topics include REAL ID, saving seats on Southwest, the parking problems at Sacramento International and a reminder about what to do if your flight is delayed late into the evening, or early morning.
- This adorable photo of one bear appearing to shush another bear goes viral
- The ‘Cats’ trailer dropped. We have 34 questions.
- Video of airline passenger using feet to operate in-flight screen horrifies Twitter: ‘I would open a side door and jump out’
- How to Disinfect Your Airplane Seat
- Here’s How Marriott’s CEO Defends Resort Fees
- Oscar Mayer Rolls Out the Wienermobile as an Airbnb Rental
- Understanding Legacy Airlines’ 24-Hour Hold and Cancellation Policies