Updated Ride Sharing Safety Policies and More on Basic Economy
On the Sunday, November 17th edition of The Travel Guys:
* In the Travel News, if you are traveling to Japan, you can now be fined for taking photos in the wrong places; and we tell you how you can get paid $2,000 to live green on Maui, along with an extra $4,000 for expenses here.
* Our Smarter Traveler segment has an update on safety policies at ride sharing companies, a follow up on a story we first reported on last week; along with a look at Basic Economy Travel, the pluses and the minuses. A great listing of the advantages and disadvantages of Basic Economy tickets can be found here.
* Gwen Duncan, our favorite travel advisor joins us to talk about the importance of allowing enough time for your connecting flights, and we talk a bit about hub airports to avoid in the winter.
* In the Mailbag, Mark answers questions about airport parking and gas prices right here at Sacramento International Airport and gives advice on all the new flights to Hawaii.
- What’s Included in Basic Economy
- Japanese City Banning Tourists From Taking Photos in Certain Areas
- Sting, starring in The Last Ship – tickets on sale now
- Cruise Passengers Evacuated From Grounded Ship in the Galapagos
- Are You Up For a Challenge? We’ll Pay You $2K to Take an Eco-Adventure in Hawaii
- Frontier Airlines Inaugural Flight Celebration Ruined By Bird Strike
- Frontier Airlines Recognized for Fuel Efficiency
- Europe in the Winter Off-Season: Where and Why You Should Go