Ditching single use plastics while traveling
On the Sunday, February 9th edition of The Travel Guys…
* In the Travel News, Marriott, in two separate moves, cuts the value of your Bonvoy points pretty significantly. Between the new “peak/non-peak” award chart, and the “annual realignment” of awards for individual properties, considerable value has been lost for some. Cruise ships are scrambling to respond to the Coronavirus, dropping planned stops in China, refusing Chinese passengers and even getting stuck in quarantine. Plus, Disney will open a Star Wars Hotel in 2021!
* Our Smarter Traveler segment features ways you can ditch single use plastics while you are traveling; and we talk about how major credit cards are quietly removing many of the travel-related benefits you used to get with your annual fees.
* We share the 2020 Elliott Customer Service Awards, as voted by the readers of Elliott.org, regular Travel Guys contributors Chris Elliott’s consumer advocacy website.
* We close the program visiting with Anna Harris. Anna is a lady with a mission, a mission to improve life for some people she has met in her travels. It’s a most unique story.
- Anna Harris twitter
- How to master airline connections when changing terminals
- Disney’s ‘Star Wars’ hotel teases planet excursions
- As coronavirus travel restrictions keep Chinese tourists at home, a world that has grown dependent on them feels their absence
- How to Ditch Single-Use Plastics While Traveling
- Coronavirus 2019 Global Cases by John Hopkins CSSE