How to Disinfect Your Suitcase and an Update from Kauai
On the Sunday, April 5th, Palm Sunday edition of The Travel Guys…
* In the Travel News, air travel is off 95% in the US, Nevada casinos will stay closed through April and we talk about the many state-to-state travel restrictions. Would you believe cruise bookings for 2021 are actually UP from last year? A group of senators is pressuring the airlines to follow the rules and offer passengers on canceled flights cash refunds.
* What is one of the “germiest” things you touch when you travel? Perhaps your suitcase. In our Smarter Traveler segment, we talk about how you can clean up that germ-carrying suitcase or carry on.
* The underwriter of the program is Sports Leisure Vacations. We offer a short update especially for these travelers at 3:20.
* The governor of Hawaii is quarantining inbound leisure travelers entering Hawaii for 14 days. Seems that would pretty much put an end to the tourism economy. We talk to Will Lydgate of Lydgate Farms on the island of Kauai. Will tells us what his island is like when the tourists suddenly disappear. The money left with them, and that’s a problem for some, but what is the upside (besides the lack of traffic). Is there one?
- Step inside must-see museums around the world
- Can I Get My Money Back If I Cancel My Vacation? (Coronavirus Edition)
- Travel Sites and Attractions You Can Tour Virtually
- 360 Virtual Experiences Showcase Best of Japan Amid Quarantine
- How to Sanitize a Hotel Room
- United Bans Fun for Their Flight Attendants
- Christopher Elliott’s facebook
- Foosball documentary interview: