What will get people traveling again once restrictions are lifted?
vOn the Sunday, May 3rd edition of The Travel Guys…
- In the Travel News, we have the winners of the annual Freddie Awards, voted on by travelers, the show honors the best in customers service, award/reward programs and promotions, all voted on by travelers themselves. For a complete list of winners, go here.
- As economies begin to open up state by state, people may consider traveling again. In our Smarter Traveler segment we ask the question, besides cabin fever, what will get people back on the road, on airplanes, in hotel rooms, into theme parks, movie theaters and ballparks?
- Last week, we talked with our favorite Travel Advisor, Gwen Duncan, about how COVID-19 is impacting her business and how she is adjusting. After the interview was over, Tom left the tape running and he thought our audience would enjoy some of our “off the record” thoughts.
- Co-host Mark Hoffmann, is the owner of Sports Leisure Vacations, the underwriter of The Travel Guys. Tom talks with Mark about being a tour operator in the middle of the greatest global health crisis in a century.
- How one restaurant is pitching in to ease the effects of the coronavirus
- This Guy Hiked From Mexico To Canada And Filmed One Second Each Day. Here’s What He Saw In 3 Minutes.
Highlights from previous weeks
- Bird Song Opera
- Awesome Webcams at San Diego Zoo, Monterey Bay, and More
- NPS shares video of Yosemite full of animals but no humans
- The 5 Best National Park Live Webcams We’re Watching
- Virtual tours can be disappointing — but not the ones through these five famous UNESCO sites
- Hawaii Without POG – So Make Your Own