Changes in Airport Security and Virtual Theatre Performances
On the Sunday, May 24th, Memorial Day edition of The Travel Guys…
- In the Travel News, restaurants and tourism attractions are opening all over the country, and some of us hold our collective breaths. Las Vegas casinos are rolling the dice, and we get an update on when the lights might be back on Broadway.
- The TSA has made some changes to how you’ll pass through security at the airport. No more handing your boarding pass to the TSA staff, among other changes. But missing from the new security list is temperature monitoring, which many people expected to be part of the new procedures. (We will have Sid Thrift and Dale Hanna, our local TSA guys, on with us next Sunday to discuss the changes.)
- Theater companies all over the country are out of business for the summer. Some are getting very creative on giving you virtual performances. We highlight two today: The Transcendence Theater Company in Sonoma is offering concerts from ten years of Broadway shows under the stars (donations); and Broadway itself is offering you the chance to see the premiere of a new show, “Allegiance,“starring George Takei, premieres Friday night and you can watch it ($15 charge).
- Just One Man’s Opinion highlights Memorial Day and why it’s important right now to acknowledge its meaning.
- Allegiance – a new Broadway musical
- Broadway Under the Stars – Transcendence Theatre Company
- Donate to the San Francisco Maritime National Park Association
- American Pilot Jailed in Singapore for Breaking Quarantine
- United CleanPlus
- Broadway on demand
- 2020 Virtual Tour of the Nixon Library’s Gardens
- Diners at this reopening restaurant can get social with dressed up mannequins
- Café In Germany Celebrates Opening With Swimming Noodle Hats To Help Customers Social Distance
- Some Restaurants Will Use Show Curtains and Mannequins for Social Distancing