What will make travelers feel safe to fly again?
On the Sunday, September 27th edition of The Travel Guys…
- In the Travel News, you plan to head to Hawaii again, starting October 15, but Covid testing will be mandatory. United and Hawaiian have announced on site testing at SFO only to start. United’s instant test will be $250, Hawaiian’s is priced at $150. In Honolulu, drive through testing will be offered, and both airlines offer a less expensive non-instant testing option.
- Yosemite and Sequoia National Parks have reopened as the smoke situation has gotten better. Disneyland has not reopened yet and park management is getting antsy.
- In our Smarter Traveler segment, we discuss the testing for travel situation. What if everyone’s temperature is taken as they enter the airport? What is the traveling public willing to accept to get the ok to fly.
- Travelers are staying closer to home. A great close-to-home destination is Berkeley. Home to the University of California, it’s a funky town, with lots of great places to shop and eat.
- Staycations, daytripping, nearcations, whatever you call them, we aren’t wandering far from home these days. When will that change?