Cruise Passenger Protection Act mandates doctor on every ship
On the Sunday, December 13th edition of The Travel Guys…
- In the Travel News, the new defense bill passed by the Senate and the House of Representatives this week contains a signature item from Sacramento Congresswoman Doris Matsui, the Cruise Passenger Protection Act, which was placed inside the bill. The defense spending bill could still be vetoed by President Trump. The Cruise Passenger Protection Act was originally introduced by Congresswoman Matsui in April of 2017. It would mandate a doctor on every cruise ship, and video cameras in public areas.
- Our Smarter Traveler segment featured two items. There is a new web site matching people who want one-way car rentals. Those can be expensive, but this is a way of reducing the cost. So far, it’s only in Canada, but it’s coming to the US soon. What do you do when you sit down on the airplane on your holiday trip and your seat mate isn’t wearing a mask or isn’t wearing it properly? What’s the etiquette/protocol in that situation?
- The Trans-Siberian Orchestra has taken their annual holiday show online this year. Tom has an update on how you can get virtual tickets to this year’s show.
- Is it ethical to sell travel during the pandemic? We asked Chris Elliott and he answered us. Then we asked Gwen Duncan, The Travel Guys Travel Advisor, about that issue and others weighing on her and her staff.
- Trans-Siberian Orchestra on KVIE
- Trans-Siberian Orchestra live stream tickets
- Pandemic Cancellations and Refunds: What You Need to Know
- American Airlines offers home Covid test for $129
- Broadway Inspirational Voices tickets
- Tour ‘The de Young Open’ with curator Timothy A. Burgard
- “2020: The Musical” – Jimmy Fallon and Andrew Rannells Recap the Year
- Broadway Reopening Dates
- Recipes for dozens of yummy cookies
- Virtual Waltzing Matilda – Melbourne Symphony Orchestra
- 21 Sites Offering Virtual Tours and Live Streams for Travelers Stuck at Home