California destinations hoping for spring openings
Podcast: Play in new window | Download Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS | More
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS | More
On the Sunday, February 28th edition of The Travel Guys…
- In the Travel News, formal complaints to airlines jumped by over 500% last year. Not surprising, considering all the fuss over refunds and vouchers. California tourism destinations are hoping for spring openings, at least on a limited basis.
- In our Smarter Traveler segment, we talk about how both Americans and Canadians are trying to make sure the closing of Canadian ports to cruise ships and a little known US law don’t kill the Alaska cruise season. Work is going on to fix the situation north and south of the border. Which poses the question, will cruise ships be safe this summer? We’ll tell you about how the cruise industry is preparing to resume sailing the world’s oceans.
- Chris Elliott, who used to have a weekly column in The Bee when the paper had a travel section, makes one of his regular guest appearances on our program to talk about those airlines vouchers you’ve got. Guess what, they could be expiring soon. What do you do? Chris has some wisdom.
- In the final segment, Mark answers some mailbag questions on overseas travel this summer, making reservations for a cruise and bringing food on the plane.
- Elliott Advocacy
- Chris Elliott on refunds vs. “Goodwill Gestures”
- The uncomfortable truth about travel requirements
- How to survive an airport terminal, bus terminal or train station
- Pendleton Round Up
- Pendleton Underground Tours
- Pendleton Mill Factory Store
- Shore Acres State Park – Coos Bay
- Washed Ashore – Bandon
- Oregon’s Adventure Coast
- Elizabeth Oceanfront Inn & Suites
- Marine Discovery Cruises Newport
- Mo’s Restaurants – Oregon
- Ski Gondolas become private dining rooms