Reopening continues at museums, hotels and theme parks
On the Sunday, April 18th edition of The Travel Guys…
- In the Travel News, reopening continues at museums, hotels and attractions, especially theme parks. Southwest has announced new service to two Pacific Northwest cities, Eugene, Oregon, and Bellingham, Washington. While you would have to connect to those destinations (no non-stops from Sacramento), it’s important to note that Bellingham is very close to the Canadian border (when it reopens) and is also the jumping off spot for the Alaska Ferry.
- California could be headed for a big fire season this year. Recently, a tour operator friend of Mark’s, Shebby Lee, had to flee her home in the Black Hills on a moment’s notice. Her experience might help you prepare for a similar occurrence in your neighborhood. Shebby also offers one heck of a Lewis and Clark tour you might want to participate in this year or in the future.
- Gwen Duncan of Cordially Yours Travel joins Mark to debate the return of cruise ships to the high seas. Gwen says the ships have done a lot to improve traveler safety on board against Covid. Mark says he’s not sure you can trust cruise lines, who haven’t always proven to be the best environmental partners, among other sins, and how can a cruise possibly be safe during Covid?
- 50 years ago, a vocal duo named Brewer and Shipley wrote and sang a controversial song, ‘One Toke Over the Line.’ It was about smoking too much funny tobacco. The song was WAYYY before it’s time. Next week, April 20 (4-20) comes to calendars. 4-20 is a longtime part of marijuana culture. Tom sits down with one of the duo and gets the story behind the song. It really is a great interview. Especially the part about the song being played on the Lawrence Welk Show.
- Shebby Lee Tours – Lewis & Clark Tours
- Cordially Yours Travel
- One Toke Over The Line – Brewer & Shipley
- One Toke Over the Line – Lawrence Welk
- Take a vacation where you live
- How to avoid BIG costs of automatic toll systems while traveling
- Would you like to fly a plane for United?
- New app for all National Parks
- Going to a Giants Game this year? Get tested or vaccinated.
- Carson & Virginia: A Tale of Two “Cities”
- The Ladies of the Comstock – great 5 minute video
- Best Frequent Flyer Programs 2021
- Virginia City, Nevada
- Baby’s Away – Traveling with a child