Government to back plan giving air travelers a baggage fee refund when bags arrive late
Podcast: Play in new window | Download Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS | More
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS | More
On the Sunday, July 4th Independence Day edition of The Travel Guys…
- In the Travel News, the government appears ready to back a plan to give passengers who’s bags don’t arrive on time a refund of their baggage fees. Why isn’t that ALREADY the airlines’ policy? Excellent question. Delta airlines is now selling COVID testing kits you can use when returning from international destinations.
- Travelers United is behind a drive to get the airline issued ticket voucher’s shelf life extended. You can sign the petition they will send to Congress at www.travelersunited.com.
- Mark has been out on the road with groups of travelers the past couple of weeks. He has an update with useful ideas you can incorporate into your travels. Bottom line: Popular places are crowded, try and find a time when fewer people are there. Mark has some help.
- Lots of Travel Questions come to our mailbag. We answer a number of them from you, including topics like cruise line refund vouchers, what are the up-to-date protocols about distance and masks in the airport, when you might be able to go to Canada, and my favorite topic, why gas is so expensive at the Sacramento Airport.
- Sign the petition to keep COVID flight credits valid
- Cruise lines ignoring Florida vaccine law
- The Worst Car Rental Billing Experience EVER
- Lulu’s in Redding
- Captain Jack’s Stronghold – Restaurant in Tulelake
- The Running Y Ranch near Klamath Falls
- ‘Friends’ fan cruise to set sail in 2022
- Beware of the heat when you travel
- Lincoln Highway Quarterly Meeting
- Oahu moving forward on reopening
- List of airline wheelchair policies (bottom of article)