Canadian border could open before end of summer
Podcast: Play in new window | Download Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS | More
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS | More
On the Sunday, July 18th edition of The Travel Guys…
- In the Travel News, it’s looking more and more like the Canadian border will open before the end of summer. Amtrak is investing some of our tax dollars in some new train sets and the Eiffel Tower joins the reopened attractions list in Europe.
- In our Smarter Traveler segment, we renew the discussion about smoking charges in rental cars and hotel rooms. Mark cautions against giving any reason to charge you. Errant cigarette packaging, or packaging from any other thing you smoke, will get you in trouble. You don’t want to make it LOOK like someone may have smoked in the room. Charges like these are hard to reverse.
- Maui can’t get the airlines to cut flights, so the mayor helped push through a 3% addition to the island hotel tax. It will provide for a variety of civic improvements, but it’s not likely to cut the number of visitors to the islands.
- No major competitor has yet followed Hilton to the “housekeeping no longer included” pile. We’ll keep watching.
- The project is called Wisdom Travels. It’s about the travel stories of nine local North Natomas residents.