CDC reports COVID cases on every ship sailing in US waters
On the Sunday, January 9th edition of The Travel Guys…
- In the Travel News, the CDC announced EVERY ship sailing in US waters as of last Wednesday had COVID cases on board. With Sex and The City’s reboot on TV, the tour of its hotspots in the Big Apple has also returned. A group of partying Canadians, who whooped it up on the plane on the way to Mexico, find themselves without a way home.
- Airlines play a lot of games with seat selection. In recent years, they have figured out a way to monetize almost every desirable seat on the plane, and even some undesirable ones. In our Smarter Traveler segment, we talk about different strategies for avoiding the up charges.
- If you are a traveler, you have a friend at Travelers United. The consumer group works to try and make airlines, cruise lines and the like behave themselves. Director Charlie Leocha joins us to discuss his disappointment in the lack of consumer friendly directives coming from the White House. Everything from family seating on planes to timely refunds are on Charlie’s plate.
- Carol Pucci is one of the writers for Joe Sent Me, a great pay-to-read web site Mark subscribes to. Carol is one of our “Travel Gals,” and recently she wrote about the idea of having all domestic airline travelers COVID-vaccinated.
- Sex and The City Tour in NYC
- Canadian Group Stranded in Mexico
- Travelers United: Help for Traveler/Consumer Issues
- Joe Sent Me: Paid travel web site, Carol Pucci Lives here
- A site to get/compare travel insurance quotes
- US Cities with Vaccine Mandates
- Visit Santa Barbara
- Chris Elliott’s buying/selling timeshares guide
- Free dates for National Park Entry in 2022
- 20 commonsense security steps travelers often forget to take
- New ideas for seeing Washington, DC
- Impatient passenger attacks another flyer
- A wonderful tribute to an amazing lady, Betty White
- The Best of Elka | Hot In Cleveland
- Information about Pre-Check