Spring breakers head to Florida in record numbers
On the Sunday, March 20th edition of The Travel Guys…
- In the Travel News, spring breakers are headed to Florida in record numbers as leisure travel rebounds to pre-COVID levels. Business travel, however, continues to lag. This is a problem for hotels in particular, because business travelers pay higher rates, and spend more in the hotel on food and beverage than leisure travelers.
- In our Smarter Traveler segment, we talked about the importance of reading ALL the information in those special offers which are out there right now. “Cancel without penalty until 48 hours of departure,” etc. Many of these “deals” have exceptions in them you could drive a cruise ship through.
- Road Reporter Scott Angeletti checks in to tell us about two fabulous recent adventures to Alaska and Yellowstone Park. Who goes there in the middle of winter? Scott does, and he has quite the story to tell.
- Finally, Mark takes a look at travel companies and the Russian war with Ukraine. Some are shutting down operations, but some are only “stopping development.” Mark explains the difference and has some harsh words for those playing the word game.
- Email Scott to let him know you’d like information on his 2023 winter trips to Alaska and Yellowstone – Scott@sportsleisure.com
- Companies who are still doing business in/with Russia
- Donations to Ukraine through a local church
- Why AirTags are the ultimate travel companion this spring break
- Face masks – post-COVID
- Things overseas travelers should know for the upcoming travel season
- The Sonoma International Film Festival
- People in Need – Help for Ukrainian refugees
- Shipwreck in Antarctica
- Nevada’s Seven Weirdest Wonders
- This is how to get a refund from a bankrupt cruise line
- Tech Safety on the Road, What’s a “Burner Phone?”
- Human Designs in the Snow – Most unique!