Delta Airlines offered passengers almost $10,000 to give up their seats
On the Sunday, July 3rd edition of The Travel Guys…
- Highlights from The Travel News – It appears Delta Airlines DID offer passengers almost $10,000 to give up their seats on a flight from Grand Rapids to Minneapolis Friday evening; and Holland America is eliminating the proof of vaccination requirement for a limited number of upcoming cruises.
- In our Smarter Traveler segment, Mark again reminds those traveling this summer to choose non-stop flights whenever possible. Fly early in the day if possible, opt for airlines offering multiple flights a day on a route, instead of just one flight, do your homework in advance and create a “plan B”, join frequent flyer clubs and pack light when possible. Mark also shares his recent trip to Oregon and offered some visitor tips on Astoria, Newport and the covered bridges near Eugene and Cottage Springs.
- Chris Elliott, world traveler, syndicated writer and friend of The Travel Guys talked with us about when airfares might start to fall, the return of hotel services (like breakfast and housekeeping) and updated his European travels (he’s currently in Paris).
- Have a consumer challenge/issue? Let the Elliott Advocacy Team help.
- Want access to Chris Elliott’s confidential updates? Get some for free and some with a membership.
- Airbnb party ban is permanent
- Boy Scouts come to the rescue in Amtrak derailment
- Need a travel coach? Interested in how to become one?
- What you need to get a REAL ID – Deadline May 3, 2023
- Want to be an Air Traffic Controller?
- Jessica Nabongo Bio
- Book info – The Catch Me If You Can – Jessica Nabongo
- Buy Jessica Nabongo’s book on Amazon at a discount price
- Vacation Rental Warning Words
- Is the travel industry following up on promises to be “color-blind”
- More about EU Rule 261 and how it works for airline delays and cancellations