Amtrak restarts service on the Surfliner
Podcast: Play in new window | Download Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS | More
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS | More
On the Sunday, January 29th edition of The Travel Guys…
- In the Travel News, Amtrak restarts service on the Surfliner, between San Diego and Los Angeles, after it had been suspended since September due to track issues. The residents of Machu Pichu have called a strike against tourism. The historic site is a huge cash cow for the government of Peru and the people are against the people in power. If you are planning a trip in the next 6 months, do your homework.
- Our Smarter Traveler segment focuses on two topics – How tipping has gotten completely out of hand, with travelers regularly being asked to tip on “tax”. Some credit card tip prompts are running as high as 30%. Mark and Tom say this is way out of control. Second subject was how domestic first class is being “dumbed down” by some airlines, even being labeled “business class” instead of first. But some transcontinental and international routes have much better premium seating. If you are buying up, make sure you know what you are getting.
- Mark took a group to Miami and the Florida Keys last week. He offers a host of tips on attractions, lodging and how to get the most out of a visit to Key West.
- In the mailbag, the guys gave wisdom to single travelers, explaining why it cost more to travel alone, plus talked about a possible luggage hack while flying, to save baggage fees.
- Best days and times for hotels and airfares
- Spring Training Ticket Availability update
- Arlo Guthrie’s City of New Orleans in voice and pictures
- Wave season deals from Holland America
- Follow along with Steve on his way up the coast
- Cordially Yours Travel
- Hotel – half in Switzerland and half in France
- Celestyal Cruises
- The man who paid others’ pharmacy bills
- Spring Training * Fields of Dreams Baseball Tours
- Enroll in TSA pre-check
- Want to work for the TSA?