Carnival Cruise Lines becomes first to sail 100 million passengers
On the Sunday, March 19th edition of The Travel Guys…
- In the Travel News, after a number of near misses on runways at the nation’s airports, the government is calling for more air traffic controllers to be in the tower, and Carnival Cruise Lines becomes the first to sail 100 million passengers.
- Our Smarter Traveler segment offers a variety of tips – A warning about vacation rentals in Hawaii, a reminder on how packaging your hotel, air and rental car can often save you serious cash (links below), and a heads up to those needing a passport renewal in the near future.
- There’s a brand new Ken Burns-style museum in Gettysburg (hint; it’s all about the Civil War battle from a different point of view) as Gettysburg, Beyond the Battle, opens next month.
- Non-flight itineraries are on the rise. Why are more people choosing not to include air travel in their wanderings?
- One of our favorite travel bloggers says, get on, sit down, buckle up and shut up. It’s actually pretty good wisdom. Check it out here.
- Passport Renewal
- Savings on American Airlines Vacation Packages
- Savings on Jet Blue Vacation Packages
- Gettysburg’s newest museum opens April 15th
- Non-flight itineraries are on the rise
- Sit Down. Shut Up. And Buckle Up. By Joe Brancatelli
- Travel Protections when you are traveling to/within/from Europe
- Yosemite in a rare empty moment
- Saddam Hussein’s Yacht
- Always Ireland: An Insider’s Tour of the Emerald Isle, by Jack Cavanagh
- Family Seating Dashboard
- Vacation Rental – take before AND after pictures
- Protect yourself against airline delays and cancellations
- Passengers evacuate a Southwest plane in Havana, but don’t dare leave their precious carry-ons behind
- Sports Leisure Route 66 – Chicago to Oklahoma City
- Sports Leisure Route 66 – Oklahoma City to Santa Monica
- Route 66 Road Trip
- Historic 66
- The California Historic Route 66 Association
- Book: Route 66, 75th Anniversary Edition
- Unclaimed Baggage Store
- The people who make Portland weird want you to know they are BACK!
- Behave yourself while traveling in Italy
- The Cruise Passenger Bill of Rights
- The Flat Tire Policy
- The 24 Hour Rule
- Reach Chris Elliott with a consumer issue or support his advocacy
- Saturday Night Live and Southwest Airlines
- Best days and times for hotels and airfares