Airline pilots have voted to authorize a strike
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS | More
On the Sunday, May 14th, Mother’s Day edition of The Travel Guys…
- In the Travel News, pilots from several airlines have voted to authorize a strike? What does this mean for summer travel? We share an important take on the situation. Airfares dropped a bit in April. Does this mean the long upward climb in fares is over?
- Clearing customs is always a bit stressful, whether you are coming to or going from the United States. In our Smarter Traveler segment, we give you some tips on how to make your customs encounter as brief as possible by helping you be prepared.
- Carnaval in San Francisco is a fun, all-free event that is back for its 45th year this Memorial Day weekend. Find more info on the event here.
- Chris Elliott, Consumer Advocate, joins us from Christchurch, New Zealand, to discuss the automation of the travel industry and why it might be moving just a little too fast, from a customer services standpoint. Plus, why does it take so long to get a refund everyone agrees you are owed. Chris reminds us the importance of being patient, polite and persistent when chasing your money.
- Tips on getting through customs and immigration
- Carnaval San Francisco
- Chris Elliott – consumer help and information on membership
- Travel expert explains the ‘unspoken rights’ for every plane seat
- The Salmon Alaska Airlines plane
- Yosemite Park Current Conditions
- Rememberavet.net Wreath Project
- Rememberavet.net 7th Annual Golf Tournament
- Buy your very own Scottish Island
- Living on a cruise ship for three years
- Norway creates the longest cycling/pedestrian tunnel in the world, filled with art
- American Travelers TV Show
- Passport Expeditor – when you need a passport quickly – there is a charge
- National Parks requiring reservations
- Info on passports
- More info on passports
- Travelers United Attacks Junk/Resort/Destination Fees