Planet Hollywood calls it quits in Las Vegas
On the Sunday, June 4th edition of The Travel Guys…
- In the Travel News, Planet Hollywood calls it quits after 30 years in Las Vegas, and Spirit Airlines becomes the latest to join those in “melt down land” last Thursday, when a computer glitch caused nearly 90% of their flights to be delayed or canceled.
- Carry on bags are often a battle zone on planes. In order to avoid baggage fees, people haul on everything but the kitchen sink. Is it time to enforce the carry-on rules? One airline has a unique approach. Frontier is paying gate agents a bonus/commission on bags they flag at the gate? We talk about whether or not that idea is a winner or a dud.
- Mark just returned from a trip to many baseball landmarks and shares his thoughts on The Negro Leagues Museum, the Field of Dreams movie site, Wrigley Field, the Baseball Hall of Fame, Yankee Stadium and many more.
- Our Travel Mailbag answers questions regarding car rentals, national parks and fees on ticket purchases online. Have a question? Submit it to us here and we’ll do our best to get you an answer.
- Airfare and car rental comparisons
- Mia Taylor – Delays and Cancellations This Summer
- Our Lincoln Highway guest – Kay Shelton
- More on the Lincoln Highway
- Historic Oregon Hotel needs a new manager
- Cities with the highest and lowest airfare increase in 2023
- Ideas for avoiding baggage charges from Chris Elliott for Travelers United
- Smart Traveler Enrollment Program
- Security reports by country
- Good international travel info from the US State Dept.
- Tips on getting through customs and immigration
- Carnaval San Francisco
- Chris Elliott – consumer help and information on membership
- Travel expert explains the ‘unspoken rights’ for every plane seat
- The Salmon Alaska Airlines plane
- Yosemite Park Current Conditions
- Rememberavet.net Wreath Project
- Rememberavet.net 7th Annual Golf Tournament
- Buy your very own Scottish Island
- Living on a cruise ship for three years
- Norway creates the longest cycling/pedestrian tunnel in the world, filled with art
- American Travelers TV Show
- Passport Expeditor – when you need a passport quickly – there is a charge
- National Parks requiring reservations
- Info on passports
- More info on passports
- Travelers United Attacks Junk/Resort/Destination Fees