The Shakespeare Festival in Oregon lives to see another day
On the Sunday, June 25th edition of The Travel Guys…
- In the Travel News, the state department re-issues travel advisories to four countries, Bolivia, Denmark, The Dominican Republic and Ecuador; and the Shakespeare Festival in Ashland, Oregon lives to see another day/season.
- The web is full of fake phone numbers and web sites you might think are for legit travel companies. When you call or email one of them, you’ll find they do business a little differently than the parent company. Just because they answered “United Airlines,” doesn’t mean that’s actually who they are. Our Smarter Traveler segment addresses the dangers and has some suggestions to keep fake companies out of your wallet.
- A new bill in the California legislature might get rid of bogus travel fees, like those charged by hotels. Our special guest updates the bill’s progress and chances for passage.
- If you are a tall traveler who loves exit rows, we might have some bad news. And if you are looking to avoid baggage charges, why not just wear everything onto the plane?
- Lauren Wolfe – Kill Resort Fees
- Helping the traveler/consumer have a seat at the table
- Lady packs everything she can on her body to avoid bag fees – hilarious
- Attempted break in at a Holiday Inn in San Jose – note the unique tool to try and open the door
- Should we consider regulating airport bars?
- Plus size travelers
- Four Tours Designed To Teach Travelers About Climate Change
- Ami Bera’s office can help you with your passport…if you live in his Congressional District
- Coming: Airline Bunk Beds
- Double Decker Airplane Seats
- Airfare and car rental comparisons
- Mia Taylor – Delays and Cancellations This Summer
- Our Lincoln Highway guest – Kay Shelton
- More on the Lincoln Highway
- Historic Oregon Hotel needs a new manager
- Cities with the highest and lowest airfare increase in 2023
- Ideas for avoiding baggage charges from Chris Elliott for Travelers United
- Smart Traveler Enrollment Program
- Security reports by country
- Good international travel info from the US State Dept.
- Tips on getting through customs and immigration
- Chris Elliott – consumer help and information on membership
- Passport Expeditor – when you need a passport quickly – there is a charge