Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: | More
On the Sunday, August 20th edition of The Travel Guys…
- In The Travel News, tourists continue to make headlines – now it’s two guys who climbed onto the Eiffel Tower drunk and passed out; and Las Vegas strip hotels are apparently dealing with an onslaught of bed bugs. They are incredibly difficult to get rid of once they find a home.
- Last week, Mark suggested you buy AirTags, and offered a link with what would have been an amazing price ($10 for 4). Except he didn’t have the right link. They are a little more expensive than that. Like 8-9x as much. Oops. The correct link can be found on this page.
- A few weeks ago, we discussed the concept of “Skip-lagging,” buying an airline ticket, knowing you weren’t going to travel to the final destination, throwing part of the ticket away, in order to take advantage of the strange way airlines price tickets. We warned you at the time the airlines don’t consider it cool, and indeed now American Airlines is suing an online company which helps people commit the “Skip-lagging” offense. We have an update.
- The battle against resort and other bogus fees hoisted on travelers continues. Charlie Leocha from Travelers United joins to update us on state and national legislation.
- Heather Fortes, who is the owner of SacTown Bites, our local foodie tour company, is on hand to discuss some of her offerings, both in Sacramento and in surrounding communities.