The Travel Guys Mystery Spot, Washington D.C. and more!
We have a winner for our very first Mystery Spot Contest! The winning location was Lewis and Clark National Park in Oregon. Tune in May 23rd for the next episode of The Travel Guys and our next contest.
Join Mark and Tom as they discuss ways to save on your travel plans this summer. Plus Clayton Whitehead joins us to show just how cheap and exciting traveling to Washington D.C. can really be. Mark will also announce the first ever Travel Guys Mystery Spot contest! Continue reading for rules and prizes.
With more free attractions than you can shake a stick at, Washington D.C. is a great example of how you can see America on the cheap. Clayton Whitehead, having just returned from a tour to our nation’s capital, is here to show you how it’s done!
- General Information – www.washington.org
- Metro (subway and buses) – www.wmata.com
- Another good way to get around, this one with narration – www.tourmobile.com
- Smithsonian Institution – www.si.edu
- The White House – www.whitehouse.gov
- The Newseum – www.newseum.org
- Arlington National Cemetary – www.arlingtoncemetery.org
- Mount Vernon – www.mountvernon.org
The Travel Guys Mystery Spot Contest
First, a look at what you could win:
- First Prize – A trip for two to Hawaii or New York City. Round trip airfare, four nights accommodations, show tickets (Broadway theater or dinner show in Honolulu), all taxes and fees. Total value of the prize: $3,000. (Winner also has the option of taking a $3,000 credit on any Sports Leisure New York or Hawaii vacation.)
- Second Prize – Round trip tickets for two anywhere Southwest Airlines Flies
- 5 Third Prizes – 2 tickets on Amtrak’s Capital Train to SFO, plus overnight accommodations at Fisherman’s Wharf
And now, the clues:
- The first Mystery Spot is located in North America
- There were two of us
- WEB SITE BONUS CLUE: Our name could be somewhere else. After all, the first place was such a disappointment
More clues will be given on the air, so be sure to tune in!
And now for the rules:
- One guess is permitted per person per day, either live on The Travel Guys broadcast or by e-mail.
- In the event the Mystery Spot is correctly guessed off the air, the earliest correct guess, by time stamp on the e-mail, will be considered the winner.
- There will be 5 Mystery Spots. Each person correctly guessing a Mystery Spot will receive a Third Prize package. All 5 correct guessers, along with a randomly selected contestant, will appear on a future Travel Guys broadcast to compete in The Travel Guys Travel Trivia Contest to determine the first and second prizes. Any contestant unable to appear on the designated program will be disqualified from the first and second prizes and will receive no further compensation.
- Staff members of Sports Leisure Vacations, KFBK and Clear Channel radio and their immediate families are not eligible for prizes.
- Prizes are transferable and expire one year from the date awarded. (Contact Sports Leisure Vacations for details on transfering your prize to someone else. Travel must be completed one year after after prizes are awarded.) Prizes have no cash value, but may, at the winner’s option, be used as a credit on a Sports Leisure Vacations tour package. Third prizes have a credit value of $150 per person. Second prizes has a $600 per person. The grand prize has a $3,000 credit value. Airfare and hotel accommodations are subject to availability and may be restricted by blackout dates, particularly around holidays. Prizes have no cash value.
- Taxes and fees directly associated with the package (hotel and airline taxes, resort fees) are included. Winner is obligated to report the prize and pay any additional federal or state taxes associated with the value of their winnings.
- Because these are travel prizes requiring federally-approved identification, winner must have said identification to redeem their prize. You must be 21 years or older to win and redeem prizes.
- Only one prize will be awarded to any contestant or family during the length of this contest.
- Guesses will be accepted on air, during The Travel Guys broadcast; and between shows at www.travelguysradio.com.
Guesses can be submitted by clicking on the “Talk to Us” tab and sending an email!