Woody Drive, Tour Preview Day and More!
John from 101 Cafe joins us to talk about their upcoming Annual Woody Drive, Theresa Crieg talks Carolina Opry with Road Reporter Clayton Whitehead and Kacie Smith joins us from SYTA. Fresh off the heels of our Mystery Spot Contest, we’ll be offering 2 free tickets to see Willie Nelson in concert at Iron Stone Vineyards.
Theresa Crieg from the Carolina Opry
Theresa Crieg from Calvin Gilmore Productions, producers of the fantastic Carolina Opry are joining us on-air today to talk about their show. Clayton frequents the show as part of Sports Leisure’s Colorful Carolina Coast vacation.
Sports Leisure Vacations Tour Preview Day
We’ll be having our annual Tour Preview Day on September 11th, with three showtimes available. The event features entertainment, light refreshments and the announcement of our upcoming travel schedule! Click here for more information and the chance to reserve your spot online. These usually sell out fast, so reserve your spot ASAP!
Students Galore, courtesy of SYTA
Every year, Sacramento plays host to thousands of students from across the country as part of their annual SYTA travel convention. Kacie Smith joins us to talk about why they’re here, what to expect, and why it’s a really awesome opportunity for Sacramento.
Happy Birthday Mira Loma High!
A very special happy 50th birthday to Marks old stomping grounds, Mira Loma Highschool. Learn more about their birthday bash here.
Check This Out!
From time to time, we happen across content that we find interesting, but just don’t have enough time to mention on-air. Check out some of the links below to articles/stories/whatever else that we found interesting this week!
- Seat 2b talks about the best airport dining options across the country
- Our friends over at 101 Cafe have been featured in a beautiful painting by Scott Prior
What Are America’s Top 10 Aviation Attractions? The online travel site that specializes in user generated content, TripAdvisor®, has announced its list of the top ten aviation attractions in the U.S., based on traveler ratings and TripAdvisor flights experts. The list, with each selection prefaced by TripAdvisor’s tagline, follows:
- Cruising in the Capitol: National Air and Space Museum, Washington, D.C.
- Wings on the Water: Intrepid Sea, Air, & Space Museum, New York, New York
- Back to the Beginning: Wright Brothers National Memorial, Kill Devil Hills, North Carolina
- Travelers Take Flight: National Naval Aviation Museum, Pensacola, Florida
- Piloting the Prez: Museum of Flight, Seattle, Washington
- Planes, Planes, Everywhere: Pima Air & Space Museum, Tucson, Arizona
- If You Build It, They Will Come: Boeing Aircraft Factory Tour, Everett, Washington
- Historic Hangars: Pacific Aviation Museum Pearl Harbor, Honolulu, Hawaii
- Just Look Up: Gravelly Point Park, Arlington, Virginia (Located just north of Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport)
- Wooden Wonder: Evergreen Aviation & Space Museum, McMinnville, Oregon
Profile of US Family Travelers: 90% have Facebook page. The newly-released Ypartnership/Harrison Group2010 Portrait of American Travelers provides a fresh look at the changing travel habits and preferences of family travelers. More specifically, the survey examines the travel behavior of Americans with an annual household income of more than $50,000. “Family travel” is defined as any form of leisure travel that includes children. Fully 44 percent of all leisure travelers took at least one “family vacation” last year. The incidence of family travel is significantly higher than the incidence of households with children (roughly one-third). This difference may be attributed to the growth in multi-generational travel as a result of the aging population. Click here to view a quick profile of American travelers from YPartnership.