Adventures in Machu Picchu and the Galapagos Islands
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS | More
This Sunday, August 20th, on The Travel Guys…
* In the travel news, Hyatt Hotel joins the list of chains changing their standard cancellation policies. It was only a year ago cancellations were pushed from 4-6pm on the day of arrival to the day before. Now, with Marriott/Starwood leading the way, the last time you can cancel a room and get a full refund is now 48-72 hours prior to your arrival. For now, Hyatt appears to be joining the 48 hour group. Holiday Inn (IHG Hotels) has said they will remain at 24 hours, and at some properties in their system, you can still cancel the day of arrival without charge. Plus, you can now stay in Donald Trump’s childhood home in Queens.
* In our Smarter Traveler segment, Mark shares a long list of ways to keep your suitcase from getting lost in transit. Some are pretty obvious (check in early, avoid tight connections), but some you may not have thought of (like putting a picture of your bag on your phone). We bet you’ll find more than one tip here to keep you and your bag together.
* Road Reporter Jim Pelley has returned from South America, and visits to both Machu Picchu and the Galapagos Islands. Those two destinations appear on many Bucket Lists. Jim shares his adventures and tells us who can realistically go there and who cannot.
* Updates from The Wreath Project and one of the eclipse sites in Oregon round out today’s line up.
- 4 High-Tech Luggage Tags and Apps That Will Save Your Trip
- These are the most outrageous travel fees
- BREAKING: Air Berlin Bankrupt
- O.J. Simpson Museum in LA Shows How Low Americans Will Go for Entertainment
- Remember a VET 2017 Golf Registration Form
Highlights from previous weeks
- Bizarre budget airline advert featuring NAKED air hostesses
- Could A Bus With Sleep Pods Replace Airplanes?
- Europe’s Worst Tourist Traps
- You can now fulfill your lifelong dream of sleeping in Donald Trump’s childhood bed for $725 a night