Hawaiian Island volcano update…is it safe to go?
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS | More
On the Sunday, June 3rd edition of The Travel Guys…
In the Travel News, Southwest Airlines decides once a week non-stop to New Orleans isn’t enough, and announces that starting in November, daily non-stops will begin to the Crescent City. Southwest is also adding a Sunday non-stop to Houston’s Hobby Airport, as our air service from Sacramento continues to improve.
Steve LaRosa is on hand to share one of his What’s Going On segments. Steve gives us ideas on things to do close to home.
Many Travel Guys listeners are travelers to the islands of Hawaii. And many of you have been asking, is it safe to go? We talk with native Big Islander Jim Reddekopp of Hawaiian Vanilla to get the local scoop. Jim lives on the north end of the Big Island and his gives us an update on volcano conditions and what the future might hold. The good news: the outlook is bright.
We’ll take time to ask YOU what your favorite airline to fly from Sacramento is, do you belong to their Frequent Flyer program, have you ever earned and redeemed an award, will you consider flying low-fare Frontier Airlines when they return to Sacramento; those are some of the questions we’ll be asking. One of our contributors in the segment will win a $25 Gift Card from Whole Foods Markets.
- U Time Cheese Academy
- 4 Ways to Get into the Airport Lounge
- The 12 Most-Hated Travel Fees and How to Avoid Them
- The 5 Most Common Travel Scams to Avoid When Booking a Trip
- The High Price Tag on United’s New Luxury Private Terminal at LAX
- Is Southwest EarlyBird Check-In Worth It?
- Beautiful Act of Kindess by United Flight Attendant
- Hands off my data! 15 default privacy settings you should change right now
- Travel Proud in June and Beyond
- It’s about to get easier for Sacramentans to fly to New Orleans and the Caribbean
- Hawaiian Vanilla Company