A TV Show Featuring the Quirky, Unique Side of America
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS | More
On the Sunday, July 1st edition of The Travel Guys…
* In the Travel News, Marriott reveals more details of the new rewards program after their merger with Starwood. The new program rolls out in August. Despite the Supreme Court’s ruling in favor of the president’s travel ban last week, the travel industry is asking the White House for support as international arrivals are falling off.
* In our Smarter Traveler segment, we tell you how to avoid being “walked” by your hotel, and what your rights are if it happens to you.
* A new travel show premiers on KVIE Channel 6 Monday night at 7:30pm. It’s called Wild Travels and it visits lots of unique, oddball attractions all over the country. Executive Producer Harvey Moshman joins us for an interview.
* The Rush Creek Lodge outside Yosemite National Park is a great new option for accommodations if you are headed to Yosemite. The lodge also operates a unique intern program. Find out about it here.
* Mark offers several suggestions for dining in Oregon, among them, the Silver Salmon Grille in Astoria, Clearwater in Newport and the popular Mo’s restaurants all along the coast.
- Wild Travels
- Yosemite Rush Creek Lodge
- Yosemite Rush Creek Lodge Youth Program – email@example.com
- Silver Salmon Grillemailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Welcome to Clearwater Restaurant
- Mo’s Seafood and Chowder
- Mark’s berry good explanation….
- The New Marriott Rewards Premier Plus Card
- 9 Places That Aren’t on Your Bucket List (But Should Be)
- Cahokia Mounds State Historic Site
- Small Airline Has Solution to Sleeping but Also Needing Snacks