3 Frequent Mistakes Made When Visiting New York City
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS | More
On the Sunday, November 11th edition of The Travel Guys…
* In The Travel News, the Seattle Airport is beginning an experiment which allows 50 people each day to secure gate passes to meet or say goodbye to their loved ones at the gate. The new program is a trial, and after it ends on Dec. 14th, the airport will decide if the program is made permanent. The final episode of Parts Unknown with Anthony Bourdain airs Sunday the 11th on CNN. In it, Bourdain visits New York City’s lower east side, an area where Bourdain had more than a few personal adventures back in the day.
* Mark shares the 3 most common mistakes people make when traveling to New York City in the Smarter Traveler segment. They are: 1) Thinking the subway is difficult and scary (it isn’t); 2) Taking advice from your neighbor or friend who visited the city 10 years ago (things change fast in NYC); 3) Thinking you are going to see everything on one trip.
* Steve LaRosa is in with his latest edition of What’s Goin’ On in and around Sacramento. Steve has a special guest, Carly Starr, with us to promote the Road Trippin’ Exhibit at the California Automobile Museum running now through February. After Steve’s spot, we invite listeners to call in and share their road trip memories. Prizes include tickets to the California Auto Museum.
- Steven Page Trio (featuring co-founder and former frontman of Barenaked Ladies)
- Nevada County Fairgrounds
- Harvest Festival
- World’s funniest flight attendant leaves passengers in hysterics
- World’s first underwater hotel residence opens
- This shop owner’s wife fell ill. Now, customers line up early to buy all the doughnuts.
- 10 places you need to see when driving Route 66