Number 1 Tip for Booking Hotels
On the Sunday, November 18th edition of The Travel Guys…
* In the Travel News, the guys break a story about what industries might take advantage of driverless cars. Could they become “hotels on wheels?” And Rome is issuing a handful of new urban regulations designed to take tourists from throwing things into or otherwise abusing the city’s most popular tourist spots.
* Amy Travieso from the American Hotel and Hotel Association stops by to reinforce what we tell Travel Guys listeners all the time. Shop the third-party web sites, but buy directly from the travel provider whenever you can. Amy’s statistics support that approach.
* We take a minute to promote a couple of local holiday events. The Voices of California present “Merry and Bright” on December 1; and the Polar Express train starts its runs next week.
* Gwen Duncan has returned from a visit to Thailand and has a host of tips and ideas for traveling to that exotic land.
- Thailand Travel Tips
- Passengers of size present a challenge for seatmates and airlines
- TSA: What Can I Bring?
- D.C. Council gives final approval to tight limits on Airbnb and other home-sharing companies
- Could you fit in this airplane bathroom?
- These are the best — and worst — times to buy plane tickets if you’re trying to save money
- Know Your Hotel’s Cancellation Policy
- Voices of California: Merry and Bright Performance at Harris Center
- VoCal Voices of California
- Most Dangerous Market in the world in Thailand located at Maeklong
- Floating Markets in Thailand
- Reclining Budha at Wat Pho in Bangkok
- Bridge Kwai War Museum
Highlights from previous weeks
- Steven Page Trio (featuring co-founder and former frontman of Barenaked Ladies)
- Nevada County Fairgrounds
- Harvest Festival
- World’s funniest flight attendant leaves passengers in hysterics
- World’s first underwater hotel residence opens
- This shop owner’s wife fell ill. Now, customers line up early to buy all the doughnuts.
- 10 places you need to see when driving Route 66