A tip from Mark about booking flights with layovers
This Sunday, on the February 2nd edition of The Travel Guys…
* In the Travel News, we’ll tell you how you can win a cruise while you are watching the Super Bowl; why the super cold weather they experienced in the east last week is really bad for your phone; and a British newspaper issues a warning about a possible eruption at Mt. St. Helens. But the warning is 15 years old.
* In our Smarter Traveler segment, Mark explains why the first flight of your outbound trip should be the longest flight. Logic: The closer you are to your final destination, the more options there are to get there (more frequent flights, trains, buses, rental cars – all may come into play when you are 400 miles from your destination, but may not when you are 1,000 miles away).
* The guys talk about a new list of the most ethical places to visit. The Travel Morality Index, found here, is the subject of the conversation.
* Finally, the guys dig into the travel mailbag to answer some of your questions. If you have a question for Tom and Mark, fill out the form below. Mark tries to personally answer as many as he can, and some are answered on air.
Send us a Question
- Irish music students turn Ryanair flight into a seisiún with Irish songs
- Longest-flight-first rule stops most connection problems
- Travel Morality Index: The Top Countries for Ethical Travelers
- Norwegian Cruise Line Will Give Away Cruises During the Super Bowl
- Louis C.K. joked about kids getting shot. A Parkland father responded with a forceful routine.