2019 Customer Service Award Winners
On the Sunday, March 10th edition of The Travel Guys…
* In The Travel News, on Friday, the European Union announced that travelers from the United States will need a new type of visa to visit the European Schengen Area. A European Travel Information and Authorization System or ETIAS visa will be required of U.S. travelers trying to enter Europe effective January 1, 2021. The exact cost of the visa is not known at this time.
* The European Schengen Area is made up of 26 countries, but this new visa will only apply to 22 of those countries, which includes popular tourist regions in France, Germany, Italy and Spain. Those Americans who wish to travel to the United Kingdom will not need to apply for the visa.
* Chris Elliott of Elliott.org, has released his site’s annual Customer Service Awards. When a website which promotes consumer advocacy tells you who is best in customer service, it might be worth taking a look at the list.
* The Green Book won the Oscar or Best Picture, but what is the real story of The Green Book and why was it so important to a huge segment of the population while traveling? The Green Book was the guide which told people of color where they were welcome, and just as important, where they needed to be on alert. We interviewed Candacy Taylor and got the real story on this piece of American History.
* 150 years ago this summer, the first permanent settlement of Japanese in the United States occurred in Placerville. Now, it’s time or the community to celebrate that historic event. In early June, the Wakamatsu Festival will be held, and it’s something cultural travelers will enjoy, and it’s just up the road.
- Wakamatsu Festival
- A teen saves for 2 years to buy his friend an electric wheelchair
- The Instagram-famous woman who was filmed watching her Bahamas cruise ship float away told us she ended up on a flight in her bikini
- Sacramento RiverTrain
- Resort Fees: Where’s The Value?
- Seattle North Country
- Paine Field Passenger Terminal
- The Paine Field Experience
- Paine Field Non-stop Flights
- Allianz, Ford, Marriott, Uber Win 2019 Customer Service Award
- The Negro Motorist Green Book: 1937
- The Green Book: Guide to Freedom