Tips to Stay Safe when Ridesharing
On the Sunday, April 7th edition of The Travel Guys…
* In the Travel News, United has become the latest airline to blow up its award ticket chart. United claims some routes, shorter routes at non-peak times, will go down in price. But there will be no cap, and seats to popular destinations at peak times are going to coast a LOT more points. And you will never know how many. A serious downgrade of their Mileage Plus program. Airbnb is under fire after a vacationing family found a live streaming camera in a Cork, Ireland home. It was disguised as a smoke alarm. The husband is an information technology security specialist and he found the camera. Airbnb has been slow to comment. Their rules prohibit any kind of hidden cameras for any reason.
* Recently a young South Carolina woman was found murdered after waiting for a ride share. In our Smarter Traveler segment, we talk about how to be safe when ride sharing. This woman may have met with foul play unrelated to her ride share, but knowing some basic tips will keep you safe and make it harder for your ride to go wrong.
* Two call in guests on the program – Matthew Felix wrote a book called Porcelain Travels, focusing on adventures involving porcelain…use your imagination. It’s light and fun and the stories are truly unique. Rob Palmer claims to be the world’s first travel blogger. He made a living at it long before many of the current bloggers were born.
- How I Became the World’s First Blogger & Digital Nomad Pioneer
- Porcelain Travels: Humor, Horror and Revelation In, on and Around Toilets, Tubs and Showers
- Broadway Under the Stars
- Even smart travelers make these 8 passport mistakes
- How to Check Flight Delays Nationwide, in One Map
- Flight Aware Misery Map
- What is specialty cruise insurance and do you need it?
- Think you know how to Uber and Lyft? Make sure you’re aware of these safety tips