Tips for Visiting Japan and Beach Blanket Babylon’s Last Year
On the Sunday, May 5th edition of The Travel Guys….
* In The Travel News, Marriott is going into the hotel rental business, aka Airbnb. Believe it or not, the same week Marriott makes that announcement, Airbnb announces they are going into the hotel business. Coincidence? We think not. The SAP Arena in San Jose has announced they are joining the growing ranks of public venues adopting a Clear Bag Policy. Basically, it means any bag you bring into the arena has to meet very specific size requirement and it must be clear. To begin with, the arena is offering a $5 bag check if yours doesn’t meet the requirements. San Jose isn’t the first and we suspect this will quickly become the standard. Time to buy a see through bag.
* We make you a Smarter Traveler with a break down of Hotel Safety ideas. Most people remember to lock the deadbolt (you DO remember that, right…), check window locks on ground floor rooms and even connecting room locks. But what about that door hanger you put out to order breakfast? You didn’t write your name on it, did you? And how easy is to to access your room through the elevator? Let’s talk. Even a Do Not Disturb sign will not keep hotel staff out of your room, and we explain why.
* Gwen Duncan, our favorite Travel Advisor, comes by to talk about their recent rip to Japan. The ups, the downs, the ideas to make you smarter than Gwen when you go…..
- Airbnb to collaborate on New York City hotel
- 5 forbidden words when using a travel agent
- Flying Southwest to Hawaii: Coconut rum, snack packs and ‘Forgetting Sarah Marshall’
- Here are the best and worst airlines, hotels and travel websites
- SAP Center Updated Bag Policy
- Hotel safety is still primarily on the shoulders of guests
- Ryokans in Japan: A Virtual Tour
- 10 Tips For Traveling To Japan From A First-Timer
- Queen Elizabeth Voyages
- Seasoned Travel Pros Explain How To Actually Beat Jet Lag