Words to Avoid When Resolving Travel Issues
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS | More
On the Sunday, October 27th edition of The Travel Guys…
* In the Travel News, the current administration in Washington has dealt another blow to those wishing to travel to Cuba. Within the next 90 days, all air flights to any city except Havana will be banned. This will make it difficult for Cuban Americans to visit family and relatives on the island, and for travelers to create the best itineraries to visit. The president had already told cruises ships they could no longer call on the island earlier this year.
* Marriott Hotels appears to be making a real commitment to less waste. The Marriott Marquis in San Francisco has done away with plastic water bottles, installed “filling stations” in the lobby and some Marriott Hotels are using non-plastic straws. We also have some wisdom on words NOT to use when you are trying to resolve a travel issue on the phone, across the counter or by email.
* The back half of the program features a Travel Round Table with Clayton Whitehead and Gwen Duncan. Both help sell travel to people like you, and they travel often themselves. From the new problem of over-tourism, to the real cost of room service and more.
- Trump Administration Deals Another Devastating Blow to Cuban Travel
- United to Further Decarbonize Air Travel
- Never Use These Five Words When You Have A Customer Complaint
- Two Southwest pilots live streamed video from a plane’s bathroom to the cockpit, flight attendants’ lawsuit alleges
- $5 to Check Your Carry-On?
- Sustain responsible operations
- Warning: Here’s where you’ll find the most fake hotel reviews
- This Type Of Company Offers Better Customer Service, And Here’s Why
- Fast Facts About Federal REAL ID Driver Licenses
- Transportation Security Administration – Identification