When Does an Airline Owe You a Hotel Stay and Rideshares vs Taxis
On the Sunday, March 1st edition of The Travel Guys…
* In the Travel News, airlines and hotels are allowing cancellations to a growing number of international destinations because of the Corona Virus. Check with your airline or hotel for an update. Remember, only selected international destinations are impacted. Alaska and American Airlines are back in bed together again. You can earn miles for one while flying the other, redeem awards, etc. This comes only months after the two airlines announced they were ending their relationship…
* In our Smarter Traveler segment, Mark explains when an airline owes you a hotel room for a canceled flight (hint, the answer isn’t what you think), and are ride shares really cheaper than taxis? Evidence seems to point in the opposite direction.
* The second half of the show is dedicated to a roundtable discussion about the Corona Virus. Travel Advisor Gwen Duncan and Reporter Clayton Whitehead join us for a lively discussion about travel insurance, whether or not it’s safe to travel, etc. The phone lines are 916-921-1530 and 800-834-1530 will be open for your calls.
- How Airlines Decontaminate Planes After Coronavirus Flights
- Centers for Disease Control – Traveler’s Health
Highlights from previous week
- The Facts About Traveler Safety Amid the Coronavirus Outbreak
- Travelers Can Apply for Real ID Electronically
- Tips for Airport Travel With Children
- Woman Claims She Was Assaulted on American Airlines Flight
- Delta CEO Says “Ask First” When It Comes To Reclining Airplane Seat
- Traveling House Sitters
- Haunting in the Heartland – Travel Channel
- Have visitors finally overstayed their welcome in Hawaii?