Will pre-board health screenings make flying safer?
On The Sunday, July 5th edition of The Travel Guys:
- In the Travel News, the list of places you can’t travel to without a test or a quarantine on arrival is growing. Europeans returned our “don’t come here” policy, by instituting a travel ban for arrivals from the states. Broadway is dark until the first of the year, Cirque du Soleil has applied for bankruptcy protection. The list is getting longer.
- You check into your hotel and go to your room. The key won’t open the door, so you go back to the front desk. “You must have put the key in the pocket with your phone…” So we answer the age old question…and make you a smarter traveler…Can your cell phone demagnetize your room key? Just One Man’s Opinion sheds some insight.
- The major airlines are going to try pre-boarding health screenings to try and make us safer when flying. Will it help, or is it just an exercise in futility?
- Many travelers are staying closer to home this summer. Luckily, in central California we have a lot of cool choices. Join us on a visit to Tuolumne County, gateway to Yosemite and discover a few of them.
- Things to do in Tuolumne County
- America needs a temporary FAA mask mandate. Why don’t we have one?
- Gen Z and Millennials Are Key to Travel Industry’s Recovery
- Amtrak Medical Director Speaks on Health, Safety Protocols
- 5 Things We Learned on Our First COVID-19 Trip
- Investigation Finds Sheets Weren’t Changed Between Guests at Some New York Hotels
Highlights from last week
- European Union Will Bar US Travelers When It Reopens
- US Travel Reacts to EU’s Plans to Ban American Travelers
- American Airlines to End Middle-Seat Blocking, Will Now Fill Flights to Capacity
- Marriott CEO Says Wearing Masks ‘Significant Part’ of Hotel Industry Comeback
- Majestic Princess Joins Sister Ships in Los Angeles for 2021/2022 Season
- SkyTeam Airlines Adopt SkyCare&Protect Safety Pledge
- Should airlines be allowed to pawn travel records to cover cash-flow problems?