The SF Giants/Alaska Airlines promotion and an update from the Hawaiian Islands
Podcast: Play in new window | Download Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS | More
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS | More
On the Sunday, August 30th edition of The Travel Guys...
- In the Travel News, a new 15-minute COVID test appears to be on its way to the market, and if so it would be a game changer for sure. Developed by Abbott Laboratories, it would allow on-the-spot testing for travelers. Cruise lines are already hedging their bets into 2021 with cancellations, and American Airlines touts a brand new corona virus disinfectant, but chemical experts are questioning its quick approval. We also have the latest Hawaii travel update.
- In our Smarter Traveler segment – The San Francisco Giants, known for their classy promotions, grounded into a double play with their offer from Alaska Airlines. They gave those who signed up 24 hours to buy reduced price tickets (which were not available at all on many prime dates). They made no mention of whether the tickets would be changeable or refundable without fees, as many airlines are doing. Note the Giants/Alaska Airlines extended this offer 24 hours at a time, 3 times last week. Perhaps the public wasn’t ready to buy tickets under those conditions. Mark talks about his 3-day trip to the greater Portland area this week. He has a hotel and a restaurant recommendation if you are headed that direction, along with some advice about seeing the local volcano.
- Travelers continue to ask, “when can we go to Hawaii?”. It’s a complicated question, further muddied by governmental leaders in the islands. We talk with Will Lydgate, of Lydgate Farms, creators of amazing Kauai Chocolate, about the situation. Will’s family has been on Kauai for many generations, and since his chocolate growing operation depends on farm tours and the people who take them, as part of their income, Will has been impacted. We’ll get the scoop straight from the islands.
- Finally, we have a treat for you. The Phoenix Choir in Vancouver, BC, Canada, has created a catchy “Covid” time, changing the lyrics of Billy Joel’s For the Longest Time. Hearing it is great, but the video below is well worth watching.
- When you cancel your air tickets impacts your possible refund
- Yosemite Day Passes – Reserve Sept. 1
- NY Pops Music of John Williams salute
- European Airline Refunds
- Delta blocks middles seats until 2021!
- Latest Travel Restrictions for the US – state by state
- Sacramento International Airport