Airline Change Fees, Baseball Spring Training, and Ghost Ship Tours
On the Sunday, September 6th edition of The Travel Guys…
- In the Travel News, Southwest adds Palm Springs and Hawaii to its route map, as airlines try to pivot away from business travel to the leisure side.
- In our Smarter Traveler segment, we talk about the airlines getting rid of changes fees…or did they. Fact is there are many fares where the change fees are not waived. Plus, the airlines are playing a few other tricks. We have the first example of what Baseball Spring Training might look like next year, and Chris Elliott says to “beware of what “free” amenities might cost you in a hotel.
- Mark offers one of his Just One Man’s Opinion pieces, focusing on the need for instant Covid testing to get travel started again. We tell you why it’s a a good time to get your passport and we talk a little about the history of Burning Man, which has traditionally been held this time of year in the Nevada desert.
- In an unusual and fascinating interview we talk with the operator (and his wife) of a tiny ferry off the England coast. The operator, a former cruise ship employee, is taking advantage of cruise ships being temporarily parked off the coast in his area to offer special “Ghost Ship” or the idle cruisers. It’s a story of how Covid circumstances and innovation is actually working in someone’s favor. Welcome aboard the Mudeford Ferry…
- United Airlines scraps ticket-change fees for domestic flights in bid to win over customers
- See the ghost ships off the U.K. coast
- Master list of Covid cancellation policies for airlines
- Good time to get a passport
- Delta upgrades black woman after fellow passenger harasses her
- Huge empty ‘ghost’ cruise ships lure tourists
- The Best Place for Chicken Wings in Each State
- Hawaii’s new Safe Travels app
- Video about the new Hawaii Travel Form
- 21 Sites Offering Virtual Tours and Live Streams for Travelers Stuck at Home