Southwest announces no longer blocking middle seats
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS | More
On the Sunday, October 25th edition of The Travel Guys…
- In the Travel News, There aren’t nearly as many flights, but airfares for Christmas/New Year’s are down 20-30% because of Covid. But you need to consider buying your ticket soon. And it appears Carnival Cruise Lines faces more than just the virus as an obstacle to getting cruise lovers back at sea. Seems Carnival has a stack of environmental violations in recent years, including a rumor some of their ships have a secret pipe system, allowing ships to dump sewage and other waste in the ocean, without being detected. US officials want to inspect the ships and make sure the cruise line is using environmentally sound practices. Sounds like a story worth following.
- Our Smarter Traveler segment features Tom and Mark discussing Southwest’s announcement last week that they will no longer block the middle seat on flights, starting December 1st. Tom has been very conservative with his travels, and Mark travels for a living. Two very different angles.
- The second half of the program offers a special Cooking Class with Paulette Bruce. Mark joins Paulette in her home for the broadcast, with two dozen listeners also watching the simulcast on Zoom! at the same time. Paulette with be preparing an appetizer and a side dish you can use for your Thanksgiving table.
- Dolphin disappears and Ireland fears the worst
- Hotel lies about best rates and loyalty programs
- Most dangerous places to travel during second wave
- Mandatory State of Hawaii Travel and Health Form
- Hawaii Trusted Testing & Travel Partners
- Safe Travels Hawaii Quick Facts
- FBI warns: Beware hotel WiFi security
- The most haunted place in the United States