Delta to block middles seats through March
On the Sunday, November 22nd edition of The Travel Guys…
- In the Travel News, Delta Airlines has decided to block the middle seats through March of next year. No other carrier has committed to the practice past December and most have either already abandoned the middle seat block or will do so in the coming weeks. This gives Delta a significant advantage in what could be a pretty bleak first quarter for travel. The folks who run the Rocky Mountaineer trains in Canada have announced a new overnight excursion between Denver and Moab with an overnight in Glenwood Springs. A “preview season” of 40 departures is scheduled to commence in August with fares starting at $1250.00 p.p./dbl.occ.
- Mark isn’t used to being “home for the holidays,” and in a special Just One Man’s Opinion he shares his thoughts and tips for those of you who might have a short automobile journey this Thanksgiving week. There’s also a Smarter Traveler Hawaii update and a cute story about how some Irish blokes got around the closing of the local pubs.
- Santa Claus will be coming to town soon. You can find him on the Magical Christmas Train. We have all the details.
- We’ll update you on the annual wreath laying project at the Sacramento Valley Cemetery and tell you how you can help.
- Tom interviews rock-and-roll legend Jessie Colin Young and talks about his new album Troubadour.
- Delta will block middle seats through March
- Magical Christmas Train
- What is Hawaii is like right now
- Safe Travels Hawaii
- Hawaii’s Pre-Travel Testing Partners
- Flight Attendants share holiday travel advice
- Santa Fe Opera
- The most dangerous places to travel this Thanksgiving
- Airport Covid testing becoming more available
- Wreath Project
- Jesse Colin Young’s new album
- 21 Sites Offering Virtual Tours and Live Streams for Travelers Stuck at Home