Virtually attend the inauguration with Destination DC
On the Sunday, January 17th edition of The Travel Guys…
- In the Travel News, if you are coming or returning to the US, you will need a covid test. Norwegian Airlines, famous for super low fares across the Atlantic, has become the latest victim of covid. The airline will no longer fly across the pond, rewriting itself as a much smaller regional carrier.
- The rules for traveling to Hawaii continue to evolve, and in our Smarter Traveler segment, we will update you on the new way to visit Kauai without a quarantine, and review the rest of the current Hawaii covid travel rules.
- Normally, in the days leading up to the inauguration of a president, Washington, DC would be abuzz. But, because of covid and recent violence at the Capitol, there won’t be spectator events. But you can still “attend” the inauguration. Destination DC has prepared a virtual tour of the city, taking you to dozens of sites related to the event. You can link to the virtual itinerary here.
- The Mail Bag segment is always popular. Mark answers your questions on animals in the air, hacker fares on airlines, travel credit cards and vaccinated travel.
- Virtual Inauguration in Washington, DC
- Proof of vaccine needs to be fake-proof
- Chris Elliott’s Guide to Loyalty Programs
- An airport story with a happy ending
- Mrs. Rogers passes at 92
- Help! How Can I Help My Toddler Wear a Mask on a Plane?
- Longest-flight-first rule stops most connection problems
- Belvada Hotel, Tonopah
- Mizpah Hotel, Tonopah
- Jason Barger
- Step Back from the Baggage Claim Movement
- Tommy Lasorda’s funniest moments
- World’s Safest airlines
- Virtual Fan Experience: 2021 Figure Skating Championships