Amtrak puts Covid relief funds to good use
On the Sunday, March 14th edition of The Travel Guys…
- In the Travel News, Amtrak is putting Covid relief funds to good use, restoring daily services on many long distance trains, including the California Zephyr. American Airlines tells 15,000 employees to forget the furlough notices, and air travel has had a significant bump in the past 7-10 days. But, hotels are still in big trouble. Now it’s the Fairmont San Jose, the centerpiece hotel downtown, which has shuttered its doors after losing $38 million in the past year.
- Travelers United has put forth a pretty solid idea regarding airline passenger rights. Post them at the airport. Very few travelers know the simple rules which protect them. So why not make those rights extremely public? Because it isn’t in the best interest of one group….the airlines. More discussion in our Smarter Traveler segment.
- For nearly more than 7 decades, 3 generations of the Perillo family have taken people on vacation. Italy is their specialty, but they now offer other destinations. Steve Perillo, owner of the 3rd generation family company, joins us to talk overseas travel.
- Finally, we have the story of the man who spent years in jail because Hertz Car Rental wouldn’t turn over the documents which proved his innocence. We have the full story.
- 3 ways DOT should post basic passenger travel rights at airports
- Perillo Tours
- Hertz leaves man in jail for years with no response – he’s innocent
- Sacramento Easter Train
- Can Sandals cancel my vacation and refuse my refund request?
- How standardized health credentials can bring back travel and tourism
- New Baseball-Themed Hotel in Denver To Open March 25
- Marriott to pay employees to get vaccinated
- Broadway Up Close Walking Tours & Pub Crawls
- Broadway Up Close Souvenirs
- European Union Announces COVID Vaccine Passport
- Fort Sutter Hotel
- What Travelers Are Thinking Right Now, According To Google
- Don’t combine Travel Advisors and Internet bookings on the same trip
- Free virtual concert from the McCallum Theatre in Palm Springs
- An amazing walk on the Christ the Redeemer Statue
- Elliott Advocacy
- Chris Elliott on refunds vs. “Goodwill Gestures”